Saturday, March 20, 2010

Three's a Crowd - Or Have I Revealed Too Much?



It's not fashionable but I like maths. A side effect of this is that there are numbers that I like. Yes like, in that I have a marked preference for them, there is something about them that is appealing. These numbers have a perfection but not always in the mathematical definition of a 'perfect number'. 3 is the first of my favourites, it is the principal by which I arrange certain objects. For me 2 are not enough and 4 are too 'matchy matchy', 5 are too many, 6 are just right, 7 means one is broken and 8, well 8 are just great (sorry bout that last one). For objects that serve no 'utility' well 3 is the ideal prime.















3 provides an appealing asymmetrical symmetry.

It is balanced but odd, eye catching yet coy.















I love 3.
Of course now I worry that I've revealed too much. I certainly did when I let that teapot sneak into the right centre stage of the third shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment